Friday, January 4, 2013

Working Out My Day

Some days, like today, I'm so tired when I get home from work that all I want to do is put comfy clothes on and crash. It's days like today - right now, actually - that I have to dig deep to get out the door for my run. I want to run.  I want to breathe in the crisp, fresh air and soak up the bright sunshine. But I'm so sleepy.

What do I do?  Sometimes I plan ahead and run before work, but since I have to go to work so early, and I'm powered by the sun, I don't run before work much since it's dark out at that time. Sometimes I take a quick power nap before heading out. And sometimes I picture somewhere like this
Copper Mountain, CO
and think about running there, rather than around my own town again. Or I picture running a different route that I haven't done in a while.

Generally, working out isn't something I struggle to work into my day. Most days, I figure out when I'll run, or bike, or swim, or go to yoga. Then I set the rest of the day around that. Most days, the working out part isn't something I have a hard time working out.

 But some days, the getting out there takes a little extra push.

 Ok...  I'm going now, I'm going...


  Is working out part of your day, or something you have to work out?

No comments: