Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Aging

sucks. 

I currently hate mirrors. 
I hate wrinkles.
I hate how my body looks right now.
I hate how clothes sit on me these days.

I know, I'm being too critical.  But here's the thing -- my chest is too big to wear cute tops.  My waist has "extra" -- those extra pounds that I can hide by using a cute clip and gathering my shirt so it drapes in front and creates definition.  My body isn't as tight as it used to be.  My hands are starting to look older.  My skin is thinner.  Aging sucks.

While I don't think I look my age, I saw a picture of myself just a couple years ago and I look older now!  Look at the laugh lines wrinkles next to my eyes! 

I have been using an anti-wrinkle type cream at night.  And in the morning.  Hell, I'd put it on 15 times a day if I thought that would help.  Sometimes I think it does, but then the mirror shows the truth.

January is usually a terrible month for me.  I know that every January I feel overweight and pale and icky.  Grey skies, lack of vitamin D, getting back into the work routine after a couple weeks of holiday vacation, I'm sure, have a lot to do with it.  So I'm holding on for February.  Maybe in February I'll take all the towels down that I've currently hung over all my mirrors. 


Are you too critical (like me) about something about yourself?  At least we know it, right?