Thursday, January 3, 2013

Keep Moving!

                                            I'm still not readjusted to this EARLY wake up time
I mean, really, I was only on Winter Break for a week+, but I got super good at sleeping in (till 7!).  The past two mornings have been tough.  I was so off kilter yesterday that I forgot to take my water bottle to work.  I also didn't have my spare in my desk -- AGH!-- so I had to take a whole bunch of trips to the office all day long to refill my cup at the water cooler.  Annoying. No good stories heard while there. 

So, to keep me moving today, I loaded up on the coffee (ok, it's really half-caff  --  full caffeine makes me too jittery at work), and I made sure I had my water bottle.
And, unlike yesterday, I didn't feel like I needed a nap by second period. 

Ok, that happened around 4th period today. 

But after work (school) I had my fun job to go to, so that carried me through the afternoon.  I headed to the running store right after school and was greeted with these fun new shoes:

These are the zero drop, minimal shoe from my favorite running shoe company.  I generally run in the Ravenna.  I'm not a zero-drop runner, but these shoes were pretty comfortable to wear while walking around during work today!  And the brilliant blue color was super cool.  My feet looked happy, and that helped to keep me moving until we closed tonight. 

Other than my situps and pushups this morning, today was a rest day.  I definitely didn't rest, though -- it was a day that started at 5:15 and kept me moving with work until after 7pm! 


What keeps you moving through your long days? 

1 comment:

Aimee said...

To be fair, every day is more or less the same for me. Not in terms of what I do, but in the sense that nothing on my agenda makes the day feel like it's dragging. But when I have a lot on that agenda, and I'm tired, what keeps me moving is the fact that I don't want to do any more "work" after the kids go to bed. Especially because their bedtimes are later now. By 9pm I want to be DONE!