Friday, January 18, 2013

Plans, a run, and a beer (or two)...

I stayed up late Wednesday night deciding on and then booking our flight for the Wales trip.  SO EXCITED!!!  But there was a bunch of coordination to deal with and then the website freezing that prolonged the whole thing, and it was 11:30pm before I got to sleep.  I was exhausted all day yesterday.  Like, wanting to nap right there at my desk while my kids worked on their group projects kind of tired. 

I was not too tired, however, to notice this big, bright light that was warming my back and illuminating my classroom at one point in the day.  You bet I made all my students stop working and stare out the window for the 5 whole minutes the sun came out!

Somehow, I made it through the day and even got a decent 7 mile run done around the river.  Today will be a shorter run and then a 75 minute hot yoga class. 

It's funny how the friend stuff I mentioned the other day comes in waves.  I have plans to see a friend's friend's band tonight, and yesterday I got a text from one of the running store guys about having some Happy Hour beers.  This was my choice of brew:
Ever have it?  It's delicious, and there are fun sayings inside each cap.  I would've taken a picture of this one, but it was a dumb one, so I didn't.  Years ago, though, I got this cap:
Hilarious, and completely appropriate considering the higher alcohol content of this beer! 

Although I wanted to be in bed and asleep at 9pm, I stayed up to watch part one of Lance Armstrong's interview with Oprah.  Perhaps it's a good thing I'd had some beers earlier :)

No comments: