Thursday, January 10, 2013

Good Stuff!

After yesterday's b*tch session, I woke up this morning vowing to take note of those things that made me happy today. 

After trying out three different shirts, I finally settled on this outfit for school today.
And out of the blue I got compliments from the first three people I saw at work.  Great color!  they said.  Love the outfit with the scarf!  And because I'm not liking how ANYTHING looks on me these days, those compliments made me really happy.

I had a really good sandwich for lunch.  I should have taken a picture of that.  Whole wheat bread, honey smoked turkey, avocado, small spread of honey mustard, and a thin slice of slender American.  And some black pepper.  YUM.  Add some carrot sticks and an apple, oh - and a Lipton cup of chicken noodle soup.  Yeah, I'm hungry by 5th period.  And a chunk of dark chocolate for dessert.  Delish!

When I walked outside to head home, I noticed how sunny and nice out it was. 
Running isn't so comfortable these days, but it was super nice out so I threw on my headphones and headed on a route that takes me out of town and through a neighboring development.   I was soaking in the rays and ignoring how my legs and body just feel ragged these days, and then I passed by a coworker on her way home!  Her frantic, excited waving as she saw me made me giggle. 

And another thing that made me happy on my run was that the second half of my 7 miler was way more comfortable.  It's weird how it takes me 3 to 4 miles to get comfortable on my runs these days. 

After my run I had to hurry to meet a school coworker at the running store to help her with new shoes.  The idea of being asked at (school) work to help people with running shoes cracks me up and makes me happy.  I'll gladly assess them right there in my classroom and then meet them at the store to get shoes, even on days (like today) when I'm not working.  Love it! 

To top it all off and end the day on one more thing that made me happy, I had a yummy salad for dinner.  Spring mix, apples, chicken, walnuts, some gorgonzola sprinkled on top.  YUM. 

And the brilliant blue sky at sunset:

A day filled with good stuff.


What good things did you see today?  

No comments: