Thursday, January 17, 2013

One Day

One rainy, dreary day -- in pictures:

I woke up yesterday, rolled over to the sound of rain outside, snuggled deeper under the covers, and stared at this:
I really need to get that bike actually onto the trainer and ride it.  Right now it's just propped there.  I haven't ridden in a couple months, and that's ridiculous.  Before this upcoming weekend ends, I'll get it on and actually ride -- at least for a short spin. 

After situps and some weights, after dressing and making my breakfast smoothie, after making my coffee and packing my bag, I headed out to the car.  This was my view as I got ready to pull out of my parking spot and head to work:
Rain.  It kept raining all day.  It was grey, and chilly, and even in my classroom I needed to wear the extra sweatshirt I keep in my cabinet.  Whenever I looked out my window behind my desk, I saw grey wetness. 
There's the sweatshirt, by the way.  Clearly I didn't wear it ALL day.  BUT -- note that I'm mentioning windows in my classroom!  WHee!  I spent 13 years in a classroom with NO WINDOWS!  ME!  Unbelieveable.  There's a lot of stressful JUNK happening at work right now, but I now have W.I.N.D.O.W.S! 

After work I headed home, got changed, threw on my current favorite running shoes and a hat and headed out for some wet miles.  I haven't been loving my running lately, but today's run -- despite the wet, grey day -- was actually better than any of my recent runs.  I kept it comfortable, hit the hills, and ended up back at home after 8 miles.  It never rained while I was out there, and while it wasn't a "best run ever" by any means, it was better -- and I actually caught myself thinking I could keep going right now.  Thank GOD.  I needed to be reminded that running doesn't suck completely forever.  I really think these shoes are my current favorite because they are so light but they do have a little post to them. 
It's tough to take a picture of my feet while I'm walking.  I don't know why I didn't just stand still.  Anyway, these are the adidas Adizero Tempo.  I love my Ravenna, and that is my go-to shoe, but I'm LOVING these Tempos right now.  More later on them in another post.

I was pretty chilled after my run, so after a quick visit to my sister's to catch up with her and get hugs from my little nephews, I took a long, hot shower and got in warm, comfy clothes.  I threw together some dinner and settled down on the couch to put my feet up and relax.  On my way past my thermostat, I saw this:
Yes, it was about 58-59* in my house.  No, despite hearing my dad laughing at me in my head, I did not turn my heat on.  I turned my fireplace on instead! 
I'd prefer to have the real thing, like I did in my old condo, but this serves the purpose.  It warms up the room, it sets some ambience, and it's cheaper than running my heating system.  Sitting in front of the fire, wrapped in warm comfy clothes after being outside in the wet, grey, chilliness...  Not a bad way to end this one day. 


What are your current favorite running shoes? 

4 comments:

Aimee said...

The same ones I always wear. For what, 5-6 years now? But do you think I know what they are????? Nope. Asics. That's all I know.

solarpowered said...

:) You wear the Nimbus.

Aimee said...

See, as long as you and/or TJ knows this, I'll be fine. And, ill be in next week for a new pair. :)

Aimee said...

I'll..... Not ill.