Friday, January 11, 2013

Breakfast!

I know how important breakfast is in the morning.  So do you -- you've heard that a million times.  Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  Eat protein at breakfast to increase your attention and prolong feeling hungry.  Etc... 
Here's the thing...  I have to leave for work by 6:30 in the morning.  Sometimes earlier.  I'm not ready to put food in my mouth before that!  So here's my compromise:  some days I take my cereal and eat it once I get to work.  Sometimes I make my overnight oatmeal.  Somedays I make my fruit and spinach smoothie.  All simple, quick (well, not the smoothie, but at least it's portable) and somewhat filling.  Enough to get me to lunch time, at least!  But I'm always looking for new, easy, healthy breakfast ideas.  That turkey sausage, egg white flatbread from Dunkin Donuts is delicious, but I'm not going to eat that stuff every day. 
 
If I had my way, I'd run every morning and then shower and then cook scrambled eggs with light American cheese and spinach.  Fruit on the side with some wheat toast, too.  But there's no way that's happening all before 6:30 every day! 
 
 
Got any quick, healthy, portable breakfast ideas?
 
 

No comments: