Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Summer trip planning!

Every summer I travel to a place I've never been before.  One summer I skipped (ran) across the country.  The next summer I tasted the wines and ran through the vineyards of Napa.  Last summer I ran at altitude in Colorado.  All amazing trips!

Today, I spent much of my day planning, researching, thinking about, and weighing options for my trip for this coming summer.  As I ran 8 miles around town today, this trip is all I was thinking about.  It's in my head.  I'm excited about it.  I really hope I can make it happen!   

No details yet, but it will involve flying to get to the destination, and a race to run once I'm there.  It's a big one, and I'm super excited.  Once the major details are set, I'll let you know! 


Do you look for races every trip you take?  Or is that just me?  

1 comment:

Alison said...

Sounds fun - looking forward to hearing about the mystery destination! We have a March vacation planned to Maui and I just signed up for a half marathon while we're there.