Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's a BIG deal! x2!

First, check out this DELICIOUS veggie wrap I made for my lunch:
This is BIG, BIG news!  Seriously -- I have been struggling to find easy, quick prep, healthy and delicious lunches to make for work every single day.  This was an experiment, and while my wrapping skills are definitely lacking and it was everything I could do to keep the stuff from falling out the end as I ate it, it was so good! 
Ingredients:
*Whole wheat wrap                         *roasted red pepper hummus                   
*thinly sliced cucumbers                   *shredded spinach leaves                         
*black beans                                    *baby bella mushrooms (I sauteed these)
*roasted red pepper slices                *avocado
*shredded carrots

Once I sauteed the mushrooms and sliced the cucumbers the other night, this became an easy wrap to throw together each night this week to pack for my lunch!  Sweet! 

And the other BIG deal is...
I wore long tights for the first time in forever for my run yesterday.  Yep, this is a big deal, too!  I kind of really hate having stuff on my calves/lower legs and around my ankle area when I'm running. I usually wear capri length running tights through most of the winter.  But with a whipping, cold wind making the wind chill temps in the single digits, I knew I'd want the legs covered.  

(By the way, I'm also LOVING my Brooks running jacket.  Not only does it have that super cute flower stitching on the right hip (and on the back shoulder), it also keeps me ridiculously warm on cold running days.)

OH!  And if those two things weren't big enough for one day, I just thought of BIG deal #3!  I left my house at 5:30pm for my hot yoga class last night and (drumroll, please!).......

....... IT WAS STILL A LITTLE LIGHT OUT!!!!!!!!!!  Wheeee!!!!!!!!



What's been a big deal in your life lately?

No comments: