Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sore throat and a run with a friend...

Figures, after taking the day off yesterday I now have a sore throat brewing.  It's been bugging me all day. 

I probably should've headed to the pool today, but a friend asked me last night to hang out with him today after we were both done work, so we decided to run around town.  He's much faster than me, so I told him he'd have to slow way down and I wanted to keep it short.   After my long run yesterday and a stacked couple days of miles, I wanted to run easy today. 

I met him at the store directly after work.  The run started with a race to see who could get changed out of work clothes and into running clothes faster.  He declared I'd take forever.  *rolleyes*   While he did win that race, I wasn't far behind.  So far, so good. 

We decided on hitting the hills -- ok, that was his idea -- and it was actually a really good run.  He ran my pace, we talked the whole way, and soon enough we were back at the store after covering 5 miles. 

I don't really run with other people very often.  My sister on the weekends at times, and some randoms here and there, but mainly I'm a solo runner.  I generally prefer that.  But today was good.  I know I was helping a friend, and I got a run in on a day I hadn't planned to, and it went just fine.  It even made me forget about my sore throat for a bit! 

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Reading this late... How's your throat?