Sunday, February 10, 2013

I Love My Nephews

My sister lives about a mile from my house, so I get to see my super cool nephews almost every day.  They are 9 and 7.  They've both been asking a lot lately if they can come hang at my house, but our schedules have been so different lately that it hasn't really worked out. 

Until this morning!  I got a good 10 miler done (first 3 with my sister) in the cold temps but BRIGHT sunshine.  It was fantastic.  Then my sister dropped the boys off to hang at my house while I showered and made food.  They kicked off their shoes and made themselves comfortable.
J is generous and loving and totally into computers and technology and stuff.  Sometimes it gets a bit obsessive, but he's super smart (he'll be his generation's Steve Jobs, I'm sure) and has an awesome smile and the most beautiful blue eyes you'll ever see.  He also has an awesome dimple in his right cheek that I've been asking him for since he was a baby.  He won't let me steal it.  I don't blame him.

T is energetic and athletic and entertaining and lots of fun.  He is super loving and will often wrap himself totally all up in your space.  It's awesome.  He's an adventurous eater and likes to help out in the kitchen.  He'll hit the baseball across the field and light up the basketball court with his shots. He likes to go fishing and doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ends up as a professional sports player one day. 

So I got to hang with these awesome boys for a while this morning.  Totally chilled out, watching tv, playing video games, soaking up the sunshine streaming in my windows, and eating some food.  All three of us spent much of that time sprawled out on the fuzzy, soft, white rug -- we love it there.  I'd show you that picture, but it shows the boys' faces, and I won't put that on the internet.  Take my word for it -- it's a perfect shot showing a relaxed trio enjoying a lazy Sunday morning.  Now, if my brother's son, K, lived closer, I'd have had all three of my super cool nephews hanging out with me this morning!

I hope they always want to come hang out at Aunt Lora's house! 

No comments: