Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I'm curious

I've been posting every day.  Mainly as a sort of record for me, of my year, but also as a way to connect to other people who may have the same solar addiction or running addiction or life ups and downs that I do. 

What I write is what I'd write in a private journal -- minus the intensely private or job related stuff that I wouldn't publicize to the world.  I write my thoughts, I write about my day, I write what's interesting or worrysome or exciting to me. 

And I wonder who's reading this.  Every once in a while someone comments.  Most of the time it's my sister.  Sometimes it's a friend or two that I know in real life or whose blogs I've read.  I've had people from all over this world stop by, and a couple have left a comment, but for the most part I don't know who's reading, and I don't know what you're thinking about what I'm writing. 

I'd like to know.  I'm curious.  Who are you?  Why do you read my blog?  Why don't you comment? 


******************************************************************************************

And because this is solarpoweredlife, let me tell you about the sunny, not-freezing-cold-but-not-really-warm run I had yesterday afternoon.  I took to the hills -- each week I do an out and back route that takes me thru the hilly part of town.  Doing this, I get the steep decline and incline of all the hills.  Yesterday it was in the mid-40's, but windy (shocker! this whole winter's been WINDY!), and I threw on my headphones and took an easy, sunshine-filled 8 mile run.  My calf's fine from the troubles a week and a half ago, and 'though I'm still heavy and feeling unfit, this was a good after-work run in the sun. 

5 comments:

Alison said...

I read it :) - can't remember when/how I found your blog, but it was a while ago. Then you disappeared for a bit, but now you're back! I comment from time to time, I enjoy reading as I also do endurance sports so always like hearing other people's training ups and downs. Cheers, Alison

solarpowered said...

I count you as a regular, Alison ;). Thanks for leaving a note! I like reading your blog, too!

KP said...

Regular.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I'm a regular. Your blog is in my reader, so I read every entry. I don't comment too often cause life has been busy! And I read your blog cause you are awesome and I hope that one day we meet up IRL to run another marathon like Illinois (only not as hot and much faster!)

solarpowered said...

Kp and RFTL -- thanks :)