Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Running on Empty

I'll do a complete post tomorrow about today's all-day juice fast.  I'm three juices in, and I'm not sure what I think yet...

I'm so tired today that my eyes are super heavy.  I think that's the weekend, lack of sleep lately, STRESS at work, and the fact that I haven't been running all combined together.  I got into it first thing this morning with the coworker who has been the source of all my stress lately, and that zapped my spirit a bit, too.  (Note:  I'd explain more about this but I refuse to put work stuff on the internet.  Suffice it to say, this was a pow-wow that was a long time in the making.)    I power napped after school for about 20 minutes and then headed out for a run.

Really wasn't sure how the run would go based on how tired I was, and the fact that I'd only had juice today, and since I haven't run since before work Friday morning.  Planned on an easy 3, ended up doing an easy 5.  Calves were fine, and my energy wasn't bad. 

All combined, though, I feel like I'm running on empty today. 

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Damn winter. Bring on spring!