Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Some good stuff...

I'm worn out from thinking all about what I needed to do differently on Sunday. I'm worn out from carrying the disappointment. I'm worn out from having to convince people that, yes, I will run MCM in 12 days, but I'm not racing it, so don't worry.

I'm worn out. So I'm taking a minute to think about all the great athletic things that happened in the past few days to people around me.

Tim and Biah ran their first marathons. Awesome!
Larry, another Tim, and Norah ran strong in Baltimore!
Maria ended up with a priceless experience, supporting her sister through her first marathon!
Joe kicked butt in Chicago for an incredible PR.
Sage PR'd in her marathon. Woot!
Kevin and Shawn and my other friend Joe completed their run through Chicago on a tough day!
Two running store friends, TJ and Ralph, ran the 18 miler and did so well. They are fast!

And I can't forget Maggs. I don't even know her in real life, but she found my blog and I am so grateful. Maggs just kicked some serious ass in the Ironman World Championships in Kona on Saturday. Halfway around the world, I cheered for Maggs throughout the day, tracking her and watching the live coverage online. I wished I could have stayed awake for her finish, but I went to bed knowing she was well on her way to running a fantastic marathon time, after posting incredible bike and swim times, too. You are an inspiration, Maggs. Congratulations.

I appreciate all the comments and support I've received here on my blog, as well as through text messages and online notes. Thank you. Amid all my blue, there are good things to celebrate.

2 comments:

KP said...

You actually have to convince people you're running MCM? Really?

I know there's no way in hell you wouldn't run.

Thanks for the mention...

Maggs said...

Oh man, you'll recover from this don't worry! I'm looking forward to seeing how you kick butt at the MCM. Rest up! Thanks for cheering/tracking me online!