Sunday, October 5, 2008

A full weekend...

Friday was a rest day. I drove to the shore after work and met up with a friend for drinks. It was a good night, but sort of a "same old, same old" type of night out.

I planned on running about 5 miles on Saturday, and I meant to do them slowly. I'm not sure how or why, but I ended up running the 5 waaaay faster than I should have (wha??? I clearly wasn't paying attention, but I really thought I was way slower). I decided to add one more mile and ran that one super slow.

Spent all afternoon with lots of friends at the local firehouse's block party. Lots of the people I normally see in the summer, and several people I've gotten know more recently through the triathlon and other races/training were there. The weather was great, and after a few beers and a lot of catching up with people, I called it a day.

12 miles this morning. I ran the first 12 miles of the race I'll run next weekend. I kept the run at about a 9:37 pace -- probably faster than I should have, but I really felt like I was expending a lot of energy just trying to hold myself back. I started thinking through a race plan for next Sunday, and realized it's all going to depend on the weather. I really hope it's cool -- even drizzly if necessary -- but not hot or humid.

I spent about an hour napping on the beach afterwards. As I drove home, I couldn't help thinking this was a good weekend and I had fun yesterday, so why is it that I'm bugged by the thought that I'm still not where I want to be?

1 comment:

Dan said...

mmmm, a nap on the beach.

why is it that I'm bugged by the thought that I'm still not where I want to be?
??
I think we all have those thoughts.

Sounds to me like there are more fun things to do on LBI in October than any other time of year.