Thursday, October 9, 2008

All the work's done...

Did my last run of any quality today. I had the day off from work, so I let myself catch a little extra sleep this morning and then I headed out for my run. I wasn't sure if I'd do a tempo-type run, with MP miles in the middle, or an interval-type run, with some shorter, faster distances in the middle. I planned on doing about 6 miles total.

After getting some solid ideas to think about from my running friends, I set out for my run without a definite game plan. Figured I'd let the run come as it does...

So I did an easy first mile, then dropped to MP for the second mile. At this point I arrived at the track and did 1200m at around tempo pace (a touch faster, actually) and then a recovery 400m. I decided to do a MP mile on the track and then head back home. The track MP mile was fast -- about 8:32 -- but I just couldn't slow myself down enough. I then headed home (2 miles) and did those just slightly faster than easy pace.

Legs are feeling good, although a little heavy -- which is normal for me the week leading into a race. They are feeling better than usual, though. I have had a weird left foot arch ache happening, but I'm trying to take care of it and hope it resolves itself by Sunday. I'll take tomorrow off and run a couple/3 easy on Saturday.

I'm as ready as I can be for this race. I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that this is where all my training pays off. I'm smarter now than I was the last time I ran this race. I've trained a little differently, and I'm anxious to see if I did ok planning my own training. I can't control the weather, so I'm not going to stress about it yet. All I can do is run smart, and run my best.

All the work's done now, so it's time to let the legs rest and refresh and be ready for a solid race.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Go Lora Go!!!!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Good Luck! You have worked hard and you will do awesome!

Dan said...

Good attitude kiddo! I'm pulling for ya!