Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back at it...

Legs were feeling back to normal today, so I set out for 3 easy miles. I took it slow, didn't look at my watch, and just ran easy. About a mile and a half in, I ran into a friend from the Wednesday nite running group (obviously we both decided not to do the 6.5 mile run tonite). We caught up for a bit, and then I was back on the road. I thought about going longer, but decided to take it easy for the first day back after all the tightness and cramped muscles from Sunday. I'm happy the soreness is gone, and I'll go a little longer tomorrow.


And now, for some humor: That's me, waving in the orange, in the lower left corner, and my sister next to me. This is the local paper's coverage of the race, taken just after my sister jumped in to run with me. Ha. Makes it look like I'm enjoying the day... Right...

At least I got back at it today.


5 comments:

KP said...

That's the way...back at it. And the picture needs to be bigger! :D

Dan said...

Good on you Lora. Slow and steady - work the nastiness out.

Maggs said...

good for you for getting back into it. your legs will thank you for sure!

sneakersister said...

I'm glad to see you getting back out there.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Happy Birthday to you today!!