Thursday, October 16, 2008

Numbers

I'm 37 years old today.
I was born at 8:40pm.
I'm one of two -- I'm a twin.
I have 5 neices and nephews, and I talked to all of them today.
I have one brother, and I wish we were closer.
I have two parents and one grandmother (who turned 92 yesterday!).

I ran 5 miles today.
That makes 1596 miles for the year, or
about 10 full days and 15 hours worth of running.
I currently am rotating between 2 pairs of running shoes.

I've run 28 races that I can remember:
3 sprint triathlons
3 half marathons
3 18 mile races
3 full marathons
3 Five mile Dog Day races
8 5k's
1 four mile race
1 3.65 mile race
1 ten mile race
1 6ish mile relay leg of a marathon
1 8.6ish mile midnight run

I weighed 119lbs this morning.
I currently have all ten toenails, with none currently in danger (yay!).
I have one tattoo.

I have owned:
2 houses (condos)
6 cars
2 surfboards
and more than 4 bikes
over the years.

I sleep about 7 hours a night (never without waking at least once).
I'm at work for more than 7 hours every day (and bring work home every night).

I've had an uncounted number of friendships over the years,
and I've lost friendships, too.
I've had loves
and heartbreaks
that I don't want to number.

I am 37 years old today.

I've had lots of little successes
and just as many, and probably more, frustrations.

There are at least three things that I want, but I can't seem to get.

Instead, tonight, I'll think about the 11+ friends I'll be going out to dinner with tomorrow night for my birthday celebration!

9 comments:

Maggs said...

Happy birthday!

You should so come to hawaii...since i assume you surf (if you've owned 2 boards)

Great post! have a great birthday celebration!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I love your birthday post! Happy Birthday! Enjoy your celebration tonight!

Maria said...

I hope your day and night were fantastically fun!!!

Stephen said...

From the "better-late-than-never" files:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Have a great time tonight!

Dog Mom said...

Happy birthday!! Hope you had a wonderful celebration!

Dan said...

Great post - this is kind of like the "100 things about me" list.
Your first beer on 11/23 is on me.
Belated birthday beer.
Have fun.

KP said...

Great post...hope the birthday dinner and the rest of your day was phenomenal.

Frankie said...

Way late but I hope you had a great time. And you definately dont look 37 :)

Lloyd said...

Happy Birthday, belated.

1971 is a fine vintage.