Monday, October 20, 2008

Catching up

I've had a cold/sore throat/stuffy head thing working the past few days, but I had a SUPER FUN night in the city with my friends Friday and a good fall weekend.

Dinner/drinks in Philly:
(Um, yes, that's a lot of wine on the table!)

Then a great run on Saturday (after a night of drinking -- who knew?!) where I realized, at a point after the 4 mile mark, that I really couldn't feel my legs -- they were just moving beneath me -- while my breathing was easy and it felt like I could keep going and going. So cool. Alas, I was stopping after 5 miles...

Spent some time walking around town with my nephews at the Fall Festival -- there was a bit of a chill in the air for the first time, so the jeans and long sleeves were pulled out of the closet. The sun was shining all weekend, though, so the chill wasn't anything more than a reminder that summer is over.

My sister and I did 9 miles around the Art Museum loop on Sunday. It was supposed to be a slow, easy run, but we didn't realize that the AIDS Walk Philly was happening that day, so we did an awful lot of dodging and weaving through the crowds. The run, again, was easy for me, even though we ran it much faster than a LSD run should be for me. I'm not worried -- my legs are no worse for it, and today was a rest day.

MCM this Sunday... I'm looking forward to it, but I'm even moreso looking forward to some rest time afterwards.

1 comment:

Maggs said...

I can't wait to see how you do this weekend!