Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Clean Eating -- Days 9 & 10. I passed up a Hershey's Kiss.

Yesterday I headed back to the track.  With my cold, I wasn't sure what I'd do or how it would feel, but I planned on trying for 2x 400 and then if that went well I'd do 2x 800.  First 400's went ok, and low and behold, so then did the 800's!  I was right at the paces I was shooting for.  It wasn't easy, but I wasn't dying either.  With how my head was so stuffy, I'll take it! 

After a post-run/really early dinner of a baked sweet potato and a small bowl of cucumber/tomato/avocado/black bean salad, I headed to yoga.  I warned my teacher I may need to bail if I got dizzy again (the room's at about 95* during the class) like I did the last time I went to yoga while sick, but I ended up doing just fine.  I didn't feel like I had as much strength as usual, but I completed the class and felt really good about it.

Rather than listing what I've been eating, I'll just say I haven't added anything new.  Yesterday and today's menus were typical of what I've been eating over the past week.  People keep asking me how I feel -- and I have to tell them I'm not sure.  With my cold, I don't feel great in general, so it's tough to know how my body would be feeling 10 days into the clean eating if I weren't sick.  I do know I'd like to drop a few more pounds, and I'm not bugging out for a burger or sugar or anything just yet.  Yesterday I really wanted cheese, but today it's not bothering me. 

There is something that I'm sorta weirded out by, though:  Someone put Hershey's Kisses in our mailboxes at work today, and I took mine out and gave it to a coworker without even a thought.  No pang of man, I really want that.  Just gave it away.  I guess that's good, but whoa.  That's new for me.  Weird. 

Today's run was in the hilly part of town.  First 5 by myself, last 3 with the group run at the store.  So now I'm hanging on my chunky chair with my feet up and my legs wrapped in compression.  Ahhh. 

And for the best part of today:  I met my sister and nephews at the store where my 7 year old nephew registered to run the kids race -- a 1/4 mile run around the high school track -- after the store's 5k this weekend.  He was SO excited!!!  I gave him the money, and then he filled out the registration on his own, handed it in,  and then got his number (they all get #1) and his t-shirt.  He wore it for the rest of the day.  :)  How awesome is that?! 

1 comment:

Aimee said...

He wants to go buy real running sneakers Fri before the race Sat. :) Then later told me he's not THAT excited about it. God forbid.