Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Bowl of Cereal.

On Monday, I was really wanting to add some stuff back into my eating.  I wanted to, but I was nervous.  I was uncertain about where to start.  I was nervous about the effects on my weight.  I was hesitant to open that door -- afraid that once I do, I'll easily fall back into my old habits.  Not to say my old habits were bad -- I was a pretty healthy eater to begin with -- but the past 14 days have been so clean

It took me all day.  I had my smoothie for breakfast, a salad for lunch, an apple and grapes for a snack.  Finally, late in the afternoon, I broke into the good stuff. 

A bowl of my yummy cereal.  Kashi Heart to Heart honey toasted oat cereal.  With almond milk.
 
After a trip to the grocery store, I didn't come home with much outside the vegan world.  I got a loaf of the delicious whole wheat bread I usually eat -- and was happy to note there's no added sugars in it, and few ingredients.  Hmm.  That's it, actually.  The rest of the stuff I got was for salads and the veggie/lentil stew I made last week. 

I enjoyed slices of the bread with smashed avocado with my stew for dinner that night, and since then I've had a couple spoonfuls of the fat free frozen yogurt that's been in my fridge.  I may throw the rest out.  If it weren't there, I'd likely not want it.

I may try coffee with almond milk and no sugar this week.  We'll see. 

*************************************************************************************************************************
Aimee suggested (funny - no one else is even reading this blog these days) what I would feel if I did this for a whole month.  I'm curious about that, too, actually.  I know I could do it -- once you make the switch it becomes "what can I eat today" vs. "what can't I eat" -- but I was feeling stuck and my running seemed lagging.  And I miss some of the other stuff. 

I'll do the strict challenge again.  Maybe longer next time.  Heck, I'm sort of still in it now. 

6 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Hi Lora -

I'm still reading. I just don't have a lot to say about clean eating, cuz I'm a pretty dirty eater! :-)

Aimee said...

I cannot believe "the good stuff" is a bowl of kashi cereal. jeesh.

Charisa said...

Man work has been crazy for me and I've missed your clean eating challenge - but it looks like it's going awesome! enjoy :)

Jen Jones said...

Hey! I'm reading and commenting (I've been stupid busy the last week, so I'm slow to catch up)!!

I hope you stay (at least somewhat) vegan. It's good for you, the environment and those poor factory farmed animals.

Maria said...

I wanted to share a new recipe that you may like and would extend a vegan eating lifestyle (plus it looks sooo yum!) http://jenncuisine.com/2011/03/sweet-potato-coconut-thai-curried-soup-gluten-free-and-vegan/

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I LOVE THAT KASHI CEREAL!!! I love reading about your eats...you are an inspiration to me!