Saturday, September 27, 2008

Whew!

I got new shoes and set out for some miles. Between the new shoes, two days of no running, and whatever voodoo magic the doc did this morning, the ankle seems better. Still a little pain, but runnable!

I set out to do the 3 mile loop. Plan was, if things went well, I'd do a few more. Took the first 3 slow and easy -- legs felt heavy like they always do after a day off, and the ankle wasn't letting me forget it was there, but it wasn't bad. By the middle of the second mile, things were getting loose and feeling ok. I decided to pick up the pace a bit for the 4th and 5th miles, and realized that my ankle was definitely not 100%, but it was better. MUCH better -- like, 85-90% ok. I slowed down at mile 5.5 and cruised in the last .5 mile, happy to know I can run again. Whew!

4 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

That is a relief! So the 20 miler is tomorrow? Or still gonna rest it til Tuesday?

Maggs said...

Ice that ankle! Glad to hear you could run again. Have a good 20 miler.

KP said...

Glad the wheel is feeling better. How many weeks to MCM?

solarpowered said...

Thanks guys :)

maggs - ice has been my best friend the past few days!

kp - 4 weeks to MCM, but I have the 18 miler to race in 2 weeks.