Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sleepin' in...

I woke up at 6:47 am this morning. That's sleepin' in for me! It's cool and crisp this morning, and with my windows open and the sunshine peeking in, I took my time getting out of bed and starting my day. It's rare that I don't have to get up and go to work or get up and run, so I was looking forward to walking up and around the corner for coffee and the paper and enjoying the morning.

Turns out my run last night was closer to 16 miles -- 15.8 according to gmap. Afterwards, I went up to the pub and ordered dinner and had a beer and ended up talking to two men about running and the Marine Corps Marathon. One guy had run the 10k last year and was excited to talk to me all about the race. Turns out he had done the JFK50 miler years ago. So cool to talk to people who get this whole running thing :)

Tomorrow's the tri, so I'll make my way to the shore later this morning and get a short ride and run done just to get the legs working. Ocean report wasn't great yesterday -- NW winds making for rough waters. Hopefully the winds will settle down today and we'll be all good for the race in the morning.

I have a bunch of friends running a HM tomorrow -- one that normally I'd run, but the date conflicted with the tri this year -- so good wishes for a great run for them and a couple other friends with races and long training runs around the country this weekend!!!

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Gotta love the change in the weather! Even out here its getting nice out.

Good luck tomorrow Lora! Cant wait to hear how it goes.