Friday, September 19, 2008

What a difference...

I'm doing a sprint triathlon on Sunday -- my third. Since the summer ended, I've kinda lost my tri focus, and as of today the ocean was really choppy, so I'm just hoping to have a good race and feel ok about my swim.

With the race on Sunday, I rearranged some of my runs this week and decided to do my LR today. Running 15 after a long week (Back to School night last night) and a long day didn't sound too appealing, but the weather was cool, crisp, and clear (no humidity!) -- perfect for a run. My legs were definitely feeling tired, but I paced well and paid attention, and ended up having a good, solid run. MUCH better than the 20 miler 5 days ago. What a difference the weather makes.

2 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Seriously - cool fall weather makes runs so much easier. Physically and mentally. Good luck on your tri on Sunday! You guys who do tris amaze me. I can't imagine doing one!

KP said...

You're going to kick ass Sunday. Nice work on that long run, hopefully I'll have the same today on my 20 miler.