Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Huh.

Took the day off from running yesterday, but I got about 11 miles done on the bike. Nice evening (although warm), so it was nice to get outside and get moving after a tough run Sunday.

This is an odd week for me. I will be running my long run on Friday evening because I have a sprint triathlon on Sunday. I took a look at the schedule I've kind of been working with, and decided my quality workout for the week will be my hilly 6.65 route with the running store group tomorrow night. I know I'll run faster with the group. The rest will probably be some easy runs...

So today was a double. Got up before 5am and ran 4 miles in loops around my development. It was silent out there. I could hear an occasional car go by out on the road, but except for the lady in the aerobics outfit whom I startled as I ran by on my last mile, no one was out. It's peaceful running in the dark in the morning. I hear every footstep, I hear every breath. I like having this secret-feeling time. I like feeling the accomplishment of getting miles done while everyone is still sleeping. I like starting my day with a run...

When I got home from work, I ran 6.5 more. Went out around the River loop. Didn't pay much attention to my watch, but did feel like I was running faster than I was supposed to. I tried to slow down, but I was just running comfortably. The air was cool, the humidity low. Ended up running a 9:09 pace. Huh.

3 comments:

Maria said...

The cooler temps and lower humidity is like crack! I LOVE IT!!!

Maria said...

p.s. not that I partake in crack... but you know what I mean :-) insert awkward laughing smiley here

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I love the early morning runs too. Love getting it out of the way and feeling like I did something. Plus then I can eat more during the day!

Nice double run day!