Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The group run...

Every Wednesday the running store does a group run. Those people (and it's usually a pretty large group) are FAST. The run starts at 6:30pm, and it is 6.65 miles -- with the second half of the route being pretty hilly. I like the route -- it's a good challenge -- but I'm usually one of the slowest people out there. I prefer to run it when my sister is doing it, too, because we'll run about the same pace.

Problem is, by 6:30 pm, I want to be eating dinner and winding down for the day. One of the drawbacks of getting up so early for work. :( So, I was looking forward to the run, but I was kind of looking more forward to being done the run.

Turns out, it was a pretty good one. I ran with my sister and another friend from the group. We chatted the whole way, and I barely noticed the miles fly by and the hills rolling up and down under us. We ran faster than I would have on a regular easy run -- an hour flat -- but I was comfortable the whole way.

Lots of reasons to look forward to the run being over, but instead I enjoyed it and wasn't in a hurry to head home.

6 comments:

KP said...

For the life of me I can't figure out how people do it. How do you get up so early for work, work a full day dealing with kids which we know can be about the most mentally draining thing there is on a good day at work, and then come home and run. All I want to do at 6:30, if I'm home by then is sit on the couch, crack open a lovely frosty cold beer and bitch about how tough the day was.

But you got out there and did it...and had a good run. What a perfect end to any day.

Dan said...

yep to kp. no clue how morning folks do it. of course, here i sit at 11:25 reading a blog or two. gee, i wonder why i can't get up in the AM.
maria is on crack?

i'm envious that you can get out there and burn all of those calories on a consistent basis. no time to be doing that anymore...just not enough hours in the day. i yearn for the day that teleportation is invented.

way to go Solar! You rock!

Maria said...

Great run Lora!!! I love when you don't have to think about it and just enjoy the miles floating by.

p.s. don't let Dan start that rumor about me! :-)

solarpowered said...

MARIA IS NOT ON CRACK! :D

unless, of course, by crack we mean kick-ass running ;)

(Good?)

:)

Meredith murphy said...

Sounds like my running group! They moved the runs from 6 to 6:30 and it just kills me. i get home at 8, wtf? too late for dinner. AND it is always a struggle to keep up with them. Oh well.

Maggs said...

Hi found your blog..well, I can never really figure out the path I take to find blogs...but I love your blog name. Solarpowered used to be a screen name I used.

Great blog, and good run yesterday too! When you dont' notice the hills you know you are kicking butt!