Saturday, September 13, 2008

My fun job...

I'm heading to work at the running store today. Yes, it is my day off from my "real" job, but I loved working at my summer job this year, and I'd like to keep my foot in the door there. I learned how to assess a person's foot and walk to fit them in the right shoes. I learned another retail business. I met new people and had a blast. I am thrilled to know they'd like me to put some hours in when I can throughout the school year :)

Yesterday was a rest day -- I wanted to get some miles done on the bike, but by the time I got home from work it was pouring rain. Um, no thanks. So I took it easy all afternoon and evening. Funny thing is, as I started my run this morning, I realized my legs always feel heavy and rusty after a day off...

I did about 5 miles this morning -- 3 easy, .5 mile of striders, 1 easy, .5 mile of striders. I have a long one on the schedule for tomorrow -- 22 miles. I'm going into it with PMA -- more on that another day -- and looking for a great, easy LR.

No comments: