Sunday, April 11, 2010

I don't feel like talking.

To anyone. Unless it's about stuff other than me. I don't like having to answer the question, "How are things?" It's not easy to answer that question, because when the real answer is something that prompts people to say, "Hang in there," and "Give it time," and "Maybe you just need to move on," it doesn't make me feel good. I look ok on the outside, and I can talk about my running or vent with my sister or my neighbor/friend, but on the inside, I'm crumbled. I can't talk about things. It's too hard.

So, instead of talking, I'll let pictures from my week tell my story. I flew to the Florida Keys to stay with my family for the week. It should have been a nice get away, and in some respects it was, but it didn't clear my head -- because things at home are no different than when I left.
An appropriate place to stay, while in the last few weeks of my training :)
Running the famous 7 Mile Bridge one morning
On my off day from running, I got a great upper body and core workout paddling for an hour
And had a really nice day out on the water, fishing

with my dad.

4 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Looks like vacation was good!

Your running has been very impressive, particularly with all the life-stuff you've been dealing with.

Nice 21 miler today! (Even though you didn't blog details about it!)

Maria said...

Love the pics! And jealous of your get away with the fam... I got myself a weekend in STL so hopefully that holds me over until the fam shows up in Champaign :-)

Maggs said...

Looks like a good family vacation. I don't like talking much....I usually substitute running for talking :-)

Antoinette said...

Hey lady, I'm sorry stuff has been crazy for you lately. :( Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!