Monday, December 15, 2008

5 pounds and drying out in the pool

That's what's on my mind today.

I had to weigh in for the no-weight-gain holiday challenge that Maggs is running. I was doing really well for a while, but obviously ate/drank too much this weekend, particularly at my friend's birthday celebration. I'm 5 pounds heavier today than I was on the morning I ran the Marine Corps Marathon at the end of October. I am 2.5 pounds heavier than one week ago, even though I ran a 12 miler and 3 miler this weekend. :( grrr...

Since I'm feeling heavy these days, I made myself go to the gym and swim some laps in the pool, even though today is usually a rest day for me. I also did about 45 minutes of walking/stretching/core work with my Fitness Club kids after school.

So I got to the gym hoping the high mineral levels in the pool had leveled out. Last time I swam I felt like my mouth/tongue/skin were super dry for days. Although it seemed a tiny bit better, I still couldn't stand being in there for too long. If it's not better in another week, I'm going to give the gym people hell. The swim was good, but shorter than I'd have liked.

And after all that, I still feel heavy, and now I'm all dried out and smelling like the pool...

3 comments:

Sherry said...

We are all bouncing all over the place in the weight challenge! This time of the year is really tough.

Community/gym pools do always seem to have super high levels of chlorine; however, after actually witnessing a kid take a crap in the pool over the summer, I'll take those high levels. It sure does wreak havoc on the hair and skin, though. Grrr...

phdatc said...

I feel you on the feeling and being heavy. I know I consumed a metric ton of cookies on Saturday, but it's just so dang hard these days. Hang tough.

Maggs said...

Yeah, I'm pretty much up a couple lbs too. Ugh...the next 10 days is going to be all about eating too!