Wednesday, December 10, 2008

4:30am, again.

I wasn't entirely sure I'd get up at 4:30 again today to run, but with heavy rains and big winds supposedly sweeping through this afternoon, it seemed like a good idea. We were having our huge feast at work today, so there was another good reason to run early -- running after eating all day wouldn't be fun. AND, I had Fitness Club after school, so I wouldn't get home until later. Then my sister said she would text me if she was up at 4:30 and she'd run with me. Ok -- all these things pointed to getting up early as a good plan.

'Cept I wasn't sure I wanted to get up early again. So I didn't set the alarm. I figured if my sister texts, I'll get up. If I wake up on my own, I'd get up. If not, I'll make the run happen later.

Don't you know she sent me a text at 4:37am?! "Getting dressed."

"Really?" I replied. I was surprised. Then the reality hit that I needed to get out of bed and get dressed, too.

She was at my house by 5, we donned all the reflective and blinky stuff I have, and I put on my new headlamp. And shorts -- it was 60* this morning! Awesome!

We did a couple miles around my development and then took the 3 mile park loop to finish up. As I showered and headed to work, I realized, again, how glad I was to get the run done in the morning. It just makes me feel better through the day.

Well, it also makes me tired at about 4:30 in the afternoon, too. I actually fell asleep answering email this evening. That's ok - it was a rainy, windy day anyway -- perfect for a short nap :)

I'm actually a little disappointed I have 6 on my mind to do tomorrow -- That's a tight squeeze to get done before work, so I'll do them when I get home. I guess that means I get to sleep in until 5:30am!

3 comments:

Maggs said...

I really should start doing early AM workouts. It makes the anything that happens later in the day easier to deal with, because you know it's not going to mess with your run! Some day I'll learn.

Jen Jones said...

I LOVE running in the morning first thing! I figure no matter what random messes the day brings, as least I got my run in :)

Maria said...

I really need to make more runs happen in the a.m. - when I swim in the morning it totally makes my day! I love that you and sis are doing it together too, makes that early morning wake-up not so bad.