Tuesday, December 9, 2008

4:30 am wake-up

For the first time in a long time, I got up at 4:30 am for a run. I miss doing that, actually. I always feel good getting my run done before starting the stuff I have to do that day.

I wasn't sure I'd have a chance to run after work today, so I got up, packed all my stuff to shower and head right to work from the gym, grabbed my lunch, and was running shortly after 5am. I'll admit I'm not taking to the TM well yet. It's been soooooo long since I've run on a treadmill (since I almost passed out doing speedwork last spring!) and I'm not comfortable with it yet. The pace seems off, my legs seem off, it just doesn't feel great.

But I got 4 miles done and then got showered and dressed for work. And then I realized I left something at home that I needed for work. Rats!

Somehow I was able to swing by the house AND stop for coffee and a breakfast sandwich AND still get to work by 7am -- just in time :)

3 comments:

D said...

Wow. Solid.
I barely rolled myself out of bed for 7. I didn't start my run til 9. Good thing I don't work til 10:30 on Tuesdays (and that's so I don't have to get up and ungodly hours to run teehee).

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I love my 4:30 a.m. workouts too!

Why do you do the TM then? Can't you still run outside there?

solarpowered said...

RFTL - I could run outside, but I recently learned about a pit bull in my neighborhood that's been loose a lot lately. AND, I just joined a new gym -- if I go 120 times in the year, I'll get money back from my insurance co. Two somewhat decent reasons to hit the TM now and again...