Sunday, December 7, 2008

14 miles and a swim

That's what I did this weekend.
(Well, besides some Christmas shopping, marathon coffee session with Fitness Guy, nephew time, night out in Philly, and laundry.)

Ran an 11 miler yesterday. Aimee jumped in with me for a bit. Not sure why, but my legs felt this run more than they should have -- not so much during, but after. Maybe it's because I was dealing with a head cold all week, maybe it's because I ran a lot of hills this week, maybe it's because I just haven't been as good about my stretching. Probably all of the above. I was tired, too; after showering and getting some food, I accidently napped for a short bit.

Met up with friends for dinner and drinks last night in Philly, and then took my time getting out of bed this morning. I've kind of enjoyed getting my LR done on Saturday so I can enjoy my Sunday mornings a bit more. After some coffee and a light breakfast, I went to the (jump-rope, balance board, exercise band-free -- grr!) gym and did a solid 3 miles on the treadmill and then jumped in the pool.

I haven't swam since the Endless Summer Tri at the end of September -- and that was in the 6 foot waves of the rough ocean. Although the pool had high mineral levels due to some maintence last week (they swore it was safe to swim in!), which were a bit overpowering and gross, I got a bunch of laps done -- nice and easy -- and it felt really good. I'm only a little concerned that my mouth/tongue and skin still smell like the pool and feel dry, even after showering, and I'm hoping those high mineral levels even out in the next few days so I can get in the pool again soon.

Not a bad weekend.

3 comments:

KP said...

Fitness Guy? Who is this? :-D

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Hey - KP took my exact comment!

While the details of your run and swim are certainly fun to read about, they don't sound near as exciting as coffee with Fitness Guy! Your readers want more details!

Sherry said...

Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to comment about the Philly Marathon. I'm feeling really good about it for next Fall...

By the way, I'm originally a Joisey girl too. I spent the first 25 years of my life in Cumberland and Salem counties... land of corn and cows! I'm gradually transitioning into a Sunshine State girl, but Joisey will always be home. :o)

I'm feeling your swim. I've swam exactly once since my last tri on November 9th. I keep joking with my tri friends that if I don't get back in the pool soon, I'm going to become a duathlete.