Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Has Arrived

Today was my first day of summer break.  And, it's the first official day of summer.  My alarm clock was turned off, and I had absolutely NOTHING that I had to do today.  Ahhh...

I woke up at 5:30 even without my alarm clock, but I stayed in bed for an hour.  I eventually made my way out for a solid 7 mile tempo run and then a short but quality swim at the pool.  A light lunch, a stop at the running store, some time on my deck with a new book, fun in my pool with my nephews and sister, and then spectating a local, low-key 3.6mi race.  It was a nice weather day -- not too hot, and the storms we were expecting never really showed up. 

All in all, a good first day of summer vacation.  Next week I'm working a ton at the store, so I'm letting myself decompress these next few days.  No alarm Wednesday morning -- I have workouts to do, but the only thing I have to do is take my nephew to the group run.  He's really getting into this :) 

I'm so glad summer has arrived. 

1 comment:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

You are so lucky! I need to find a job that I have summers off.