Thursday, June 23, 2011

Doubles!

Maybe not the best strategy, but now that summer's here and I'm not working as much, I've been jamming in the training.  It started in the last month of school, but now it's a lot easier to do.  I'm doing one longer run each week, one longer bike ride, one stand-alone quality tempo run, 2 shorter rides, several shorter runs, and 2 swims each week.  Plus a 90 minute hot yoga class once a week.  Some days are bike/run bricks, some days are bike/swim or run/swim doubles.  While I'm not doing doubles every day, it has been about 4 days a week.  It's been hot and humid, and I often look like this at the end of a workout:
Flat out, laying under the ceiling fan, water bottle in hand.  A familiar position this time of year. 

I haven't taken a complete rest day -- no workout at all -- since May 4th.   However, one day a week is a legs-friendly workout day.  This week, that's today.  I did a 75 minute hot yoga class this morning and I'll swim later today (hopefully at the OWS if the thunderstorms stay away), but no swimming or biking.  While my legs are feeling stronger with all these workouts, they're also feeling a little worked.  Time for a break.  And, I'm doing another sprint tri this weekend, so I'm taking today and tomorrow to treat the legs well.  While my main goal for the race is a stronger T1 and bike leg, I'm really hoping to do well the whole way.

Let's hope the doubles will pay off! 

1 comment:

Joe said...

Is this your first extensive experience with doubles? I'll be interested to see how it works out for you with your future races