Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fire and Ice

(p.s. I got this cool pic through google images)

After running a solid 12 miler yesterday (yay!  good route, legs working!) I was planning on an easy 5 miler today.  When I woke up, it was a sunny, crisp, clear morning -- so inviting for a run.  I also wanted to get to yoga because my favorite instructor was subbing this morning. 

I drove over to the studio a little early, set up my mat and signed in, and hit the pavement.  I had just enough time for 2 miles before the class.  Temps were high 40's at this point and just a little breezy -- perfect.  I warmed up quickly and had to really remind myself of how good yoga is for me, because it was so nice out I really didn't want to stop! 

About 2 minutes before class was to start, I arrived back at the studio.  Peeled off my LS tee (tank underneath) and my shoes and hit the mat.  And within minutes I was dripping.  The room was about 95*, our poses were challenging, and it.was.awesome.

And as soon as the class was done and I was feeling all meditated and pliable, I laced up my shoes, threw my mat in the car, and hit the pavement again.  And let me tell you -- going from 95* and drenched in sweat to 50* and a cool breeze was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!  Fire and ice.  So invigorating!  It was almost like active recovery in an icebath. 

I could have kept running and running and running, but I eventually found myself done the loop and back at my car, with legs feeling good and a sense of satisfaction for a weekend of solid workouts. 

1 comment:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Sounds like a FABULOUS weekend of running. I am so happy things are turning around for you! How many weeks til the 7 mile bridge race? When are you going to start trying to mix in a little speed?