Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dinner by Wegmans

Busy, busy days this week.  The other night, after work and running, I still had to do my grocery shopping for the week -- just adding to my already long day.  So after loading up on tons of fresh produce, I ventured over to the prepared foods and let Wegmans cook dinner for me that night. 
Grilled lemon garlic chicken (although, thankfully, it was not at all garlic-y).  Perfectly cooked and seasoned.
Butternut squash and baby spinach with craisins.  Perfectly cooked and seasoned.
Harvest vegetables.  Cut stick-style. Perfectly cooked and seasoned. 
And the guy that waited on me was VERY generous with the servings when I asked him to load up the veggies.  All this for $6!  All I had to do was cut up the chicken breast (I do that for even heating) and heat up the whole dish.  YUM.  I'll let Wegmans make this dinner for me once a week.  It was really delicious. 

And on an only slightly related note, tonight I was making my salad for lunch tomorrow.  I was filling a  tupperware bowl with mixed greens and spinach.  Now, you already know my love for, but hesitation with, baby spinach.  Well, no frogs tonight, but I did find this:

A giant spinach leaf.  GIANT.  What is that giant spinach leaf doing in a baby spinach package?  The little leaf on the right is the normal size of a spinach leaf in a baby spinach batch.  The gigantic leaf, bigger than a chapstick, bigger than my ipod, a billion times bigger than that dime, was covering half of the top of my salad bowl! 

It doesn't belong in a baby spinach package, but I guessed it has a lot of nutrients and stuff in its enormity, so I picked it up and ate it right then and there.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Why? Why? Why? When I am (thanks to a kid!) up and awake at this almost 3am hour must I always stumble upon Lora's scary spinach scenarios???

Food looks good- going to get that for myself this week! And the spinach pic was hilarious. Good God you have me hesitating when I buy spinach now. :)

Charisa said...

giant spinach leaf - love it :)

Christina said...

That is about the weirdest picture I've seen in quite a while. So funny!