Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Meet Roxie!

Several weeks ago, I met my dad about 40 minutes from my house where he was meeting a family who had chihuahua puppies. He has been devastated since last fall over the death of my brother's dog, a chi who was more like my dad's pup than my brother's. My dad's been through a lot of physical stuff this year, and getting a puppy of his own was something that I knew would breathe new life into him. My mom finally agreed to it, so my dad and I met this little cutie, as well as her mom and dad, too.
The minute my dad held her, I knew he had to adopt her. We made the arrangements and planned to pick her up just before Christmas -- right after she'd had her first shots.

She hadn't grown too much since we'd seen her, but she seemed to take to us fairly easily.
In fact, as much as she loved to be held, she seemed to prefer climbing her way up to this perch to nap.

And over the next few days, through Christmas and the blizzard, she continued to get more and more acclimated to life with my parents in her new home. She is hysterical to play with -- such a tiny little thing (2lbs, 14oz!) with a ton of energy.
She's bouncy and cuddly and super cute. We'll train her well so she's not yappy and annoying like some chi's I've known. I know she'll bring my dad lots of love and companionship and joy. I can see the difference in him already, and that's the best gift I could have.

5 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Love her! So so cute! Good for your dad for getting her.

Kris said...

What a cutie! And with a name like that, you know she's gonna be something. :)

When I was in high school, one of our cats had a litter of kittens before we got her spayed. There were 5 of us living at home, and 5 kittens, so we each had one for our own until it was time to give them to happy other homes. My kitten, Turtle, liked to fall asleep on my shoulder just like that. :)

Aimee said...

So bummed I'm not getting more Roxie time!!!

Maggs said...

how cute. I watched a chihuahua for 9 days over christmas. She was the sweetest dog. Always curled up next to me. Never barked. I almost want one. But I was always afraid I'd step on her.

Joe said...

Awww...great name, and looks like a great future companion! :)