Monday, December 20, 2010

My (sick) view.

This has been my view for the better part of the past few days:
That's the view from my sofa.

I've been using a lot of this:
And today I got to watch (and be jealous) Oprah's Favorite Things show (part2):I was feeling better on Saturday -- got a wheezy, slow, but completed, 5 miler done in the morning, then worked all day at the running store, then headed into the city for my friend's birthday dinner at one of the restaurants in midtown. I decided not to go out for drinks after -- the couple glasses of wine I had at dinner was enough for this sick girl -- and I was home and in bed by 1am.

Too late, and too much on Saturday, I guess, because I barely slept at all that night and by Sunday morning I was feeling awful. Head congested again, nose and breathing a mess. After deciding I couldn't get my aching body to go for a run, I went for a short walk with my sister and nephew (he wasn't well, either). That was enough. I got home, discovered I had a 100.4* fever, and spent the rest of the day and night on the sofa.

I went to work today, but left during my prep and got some meds from the doc, and then came right home early this afternoon and spent the rest of the day on my sofa again. I'm over this. It's a nice sky view, but I want to feel better. I want to run.

No comments: