Thursday, December 16, 2010

2 miles

That was my run today, and I barely made it that far. Two days ago I came home from work feeling achey and sneezy. I went to yoga anyway, and that near killed me. The heat, the constant head up and down, and my lack of strength made me consider leaving the class after 15 minutes. I stuck it out, but it wasn't good.

I went to work yesterday and that was a bad move. I was miserable. Sneezy, eyes heavy, and yep -- a slight fever that I confirmed when I got home. I didn't run, swim or bike -- I basically crashed on my sofa for the rest of the day.

So today I stayed home from work. I was feeling a bit better -- no fever, way less sneezy -- and thought a short easy run might clear me out. Nope -- my lungs were not working at all. I had no strength. I even felt a bit dizzy.

So my easy 3 miler ended after barely making 2.

I've gotten my Christmas shopping done -- yay for free shipping with online orders! I've gotten some laundry done. And I've gotten a whole lot of laying on the sofa done for the past 24 hours.

I just need my lungs to work better. I want to run tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jen Jones said...

Running almost always makes me feel better when I'm sick, if you felt that terrible out there your body must really need some serious rest. It's time for those bad Lifetime movies, reading and just zoning out in bed!

How has your calf been?

Feel better. On to 2011!!!!

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

What Jen said. :-)

Have you thought more about Little Rock HM?