Friday, July 31, 2009

Loss

I've been at a loss for words this week. I found out Monday that a friend of mine passed away of a heart attack Friday morning. He was an amazing runner, finishing 18 marathons since his first in 2005, and an amazing person.

I've had a difficult time getting words out. There's so much swirling in my head, but nothing coming out.

So for now, I'll just say goodbye to someone who made me smile, someone who made me feel good about myself, someone who encouraged me to continue to go after my goals, someone who gave great hugs -- along with a sense of security.

The road trip out to Ohio this week, to say goodbye in person, was tough -- but so worth it.

I miss you already, Joe.

"Voodoo" Joe Truini. 1971-2009. "Alive is a good start to the day. Take it from there."

4 comments:

Christie said...

Sorry for your loss. I found out about it while checking out Jill's twitter this week. It's just sad. He was so young.

sneakersister said...

I'm so glad you were able to go out to Ohio for the funeral. That is a great picture of you two.

Aimee said...

I don't have any words, either. Glad you were able to get to the funeral, though. Take a little bit of his spirit and positive attitude with you. He sure had enough to go around.

Charisa said...

So sad. I'm sorry.