Tuesday, July 21, 2009

We broke up.

Me and my $500 custom orthotics, that is.

I've been wondering just how much I need these for a while. I've been wondering if I could get away with something over the counter, or just a good stability shoe. The heel problem prompted me today to switch things up.

So I went to the running store, had the boys analyze me as though I were a first time customer, and after they patiently had me try on about 6 different pairs of shoes, I settled on these:
Saucony ProGrid Guide2. Let's hope tomorrow's 5 miler works well with these!

3 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

I've wondered how long orthotics are supposed to last.

Since my issues are happening again, even with them, I've been thinking about trying a different shoe with no orthotics.

Hope they work well for you tomorrow!

Christie said...

Good luck!

Maggs said...

Hope they work for you. it's very frustrating when something that has worked in the past suddenly stops!