Sunday, February 15, 2009

tying shoelaces...

as my sister calls it... It means tying loose ends, wrapping things up, taking care of stuff...

I took Friday off from working out. A sh*tty week of runs and a call for Happy Hour made the decision for me.

Planned on 14 miles with my sister on Saturday morning. Sometime after 2 beers Friday night, I plotted a new course (sort of) for us to run.

I proceeded to curse myself for the entire 14 miles. Apparently, in my quest to run a route that was a bit different and to get us past a water fountain mid-run, I neglected to pay attention to the elevation of the route. Almost all an incline. Cripes.

Would've been a great workout if my running was working these days. We did fine, really, but I certainly gave our legs a workout. Sheesh.

Got out for 5 easy recovery miles today. All was good...

Saturday night was a friend's birthday dinner at a Moroccan restaurant in the city. I'd never been there (or to any Moroccan place, I think, except maybe once in San Fran). It was dark (which meant we couldn't really see what we were eating), we ate with our hands (which wasn't too bad, except we couldn't figure out how to scoop some stuff up tactfully), we went through about 8 bottles of wine (there was 11, then 9 of us), we were entertained about every 15 minutes by two belly dancers -- one male (who knew!?) and one female, and the whole dinner took about 4 hours. Fun, interesting, a little weird at times. I've showered twice since then and my hands still smell like the food a little...

Finally, this afternoon, I went to one of my friend's (from the running store) houses for a Daytona (almost)500 party. Couple drinks, lots of fun... a good end to the weekend. :)

1 comment:

Charisa said...

Moroccan food is good, and the hand eating is funny huh? :)