Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shoes, and feet...

I have a thing about dressing well for work. Many people at my school do not. I often wear dresses, or skirts/tops, or nice pants/tops, and heels.

I try to wear flats or lower-heeled shoes at times, but I'm short (5'3") and I like the look of the outfits in heels better.

Many of the heels I have are pretty comfortable...

...For short bouts of walking or standing.

I'm a teacher. I'm standing/walking around through most of my day.
I should not wear heels.
My feet often hurt by the end of the day. On mornings when I run before work, this is not a problem. If I didn't have to leave for work by 6:30am, I'd do most of my runs before work. Most days, however, I don't. And so, I often head home from work with hurting feet that have to carry me through miles on the road before I can soak them or simply put them up.

I just got a new pair of running shoes:
I've only worn them once, since my other shoes aren't done yet. I'll slowly get some miles on these and have them ready for race day. They are a little softer than the 6's, and I liked them. I'd like to wear them all day long.

I'd even like to wear flip flops. Or slippers. Or best yet, bare feet.
While I like the look of heels, I don't really like shoes. My feet hurt when I wear them all day.
Thankfully, I got a foot bubbler/soaker for Christmas.

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Did you take a picture of my legs and post them in your blog??? :) j/k. fun pics.

Jen said...

Have you tried Danskos? Their shoes are a bit "chunkier" but man oh man are they comfy. Pricey too but they last a really long time.

solarpowered said...

Aim- they are my legs but that is your skirt in the smaller pic. No, you can't have it back. :D

Jen - I'll check them out! Thanks!

Maria said...

Great timing! I wore my running shoes to work today, which I never do, but did b/c I'm walking straight to yoga after work and I didn't want to be carrying a ton of stuff. It's like walking on air compared with my "regular work shoes" :-)

Charisa said...

Oh running shoes are so comfy huh?! I think it's nice you dress up though. And you have made me realize I'm thankful I don't have to wear heals to work.

Maggs said...

Are those your legs? When I first saw them I thought, wow, great legs. Okay, that sounds weird, but really. Nice legs :-)