Thursday, December 10, 2009

I ran with the kids

After 10 days of no running, I ran with the kids in Fitness Club today. Because I was with them, I ran much slower than even my slow pace, but I ended up getting around 3 miles done. It felt great to be running. Other than my chest/lung area feeling a bit uncomfortable (which had more to do, I think, with my HR strap -- I was curious to see what my numbers would be after the break), the run was really good. Legs felt good, breathing was good, and it was a beautiful afternoon, though really windy.

After we ran, I took the kids back into the school, we stretched a bit, then I put them on the bus -- with all of them thanking me and telling me they'll be here for our next run. As I drove home from work, I just kept thinking about how fun this club will be for me (and I get paid for this!) and how happy I was to be running again.

4 comments:

Jen Jones said...

Getting paid to run and help out kids learn how to be fit----how awesome!!!

Enjoy it :)

Maggs said...

Awesome. I bet the kids loved it as much as you did.

Mike Russell said...

I work with school districts to help improve PE programs and efforts like yours can make all the difference in the life of a child. Great work! Hope your legs are fresh after your time off!

Mindi said...

Awesome! More details please on this program. It sounds like a wonderful thing!!

Oh yeah, and welcome back to the road!