Monday, December 21, 2009

20 inches

At least that's what they're reporting. 20 inches of snow. The blizzard started early Saturday morning. My sister and I set out for our LR for the weekend by 7am, hoping to beat the pile-up of snow. We ran through strong winds and lots of snow, and it was fun but so cold! I ended up with 9 miles, and as the day went on and the snow piled up, I was glad we got it done early.

Late Saturday night, after more than a foot and a half of snow had fallen and it wasn't done yet, my 3 friends, C, J, and G, and I decided to go sledding down "triple hill" in town. We borrowed a sled from my nephews and had a blast. We were snow-covered, pushing each other, falling a lot, and laughing the whole time. These three guys have become really good, fun friends and we had just a fantastic night.

Sunday after I spent a bunch of time (and back muscles!) to shovel out my front steps and car, I decided to go for a run. It was both a wonderful and really stupid thing to do.

It wasn't too freezing cold or anything, but the path along the park wasn't shoveled so I had to run in the streets.

The roads were tricky (little plowing done) and although it looked kinda pretty all snow-covered, it was a tough run. I tried to stay on the snow, but there were places that were just icy. Oof.

When I got to the end of my 3 mile park loop, I looked up at my house (that's mine with the 3 windows on the corner) and was ready to get warm. It was a short run, but a big workout. The air was crisp, the skies were blue and clear, and no one else was out running. I loved it.

3 comments:

KP said...

Welcome to what it's like in Grand Rapids from Thanksgiving until March. :D Did you enjoy the you-must-be-nucking-futs-looks?

solarpowered said...

Kevin - I enjoyed them, and even laughed at the guy who shot me the finger. :)

Aimee said...

Love the pictures, Lor! You hitting my tm again today? ;)