Sunday, June 14, 2009

Somebody stop me!

I just registered for two races. Is this what happens on Day 7 of a self-imposed 10 day break from running?

The first is a scary idea, but a challenge I'm forcing upon myself. It's a scary challenge for me because the swim is almost twice as long as the other tri's I've done, and it's in the Schuykill River in Philly. A couple friends have done it (or a different one there) and they're all fine, so I'm hoping for the same. I think it's a good chance for me to do a local race that's a bit more in distance overall than the 3 I've done. .46mi swim, 17mi bike, 5k run.
Yikes.
I mean, BRING IT!
The second race I registered for is the Philly Distance Run. This is a great half marathon -- the first distance race I did, actually -- that I've run twice before. I haven't done it the past two years because the LBI tri was the same weekend. This year, they've cancelled the tri. Grr. But that means I can run this cool race again. Yay!

2 comments:

Charisa said...

FUN races!! You will do awesome on the swim I am sure.

Maria said...

WOOT!