Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 3: biking

I woke up this morning and did some lower body strength stuff and core work. Wall sits and weighted twists and stuff like that. I'm making a conscious effort to do something every day before work. Some days it's situps and pushups, some days it's a whole upper body weights circuit, sometimes it's lower body, etc.

After work, I hopped on my bike. Rode through the neighborhood and made my way to a park loop that's good for riding and about 3.6 miles around. I did the loop 4 times and then made my way home. Finished with just over 20 miles. It felt good to get out there in the fresh air, although I noticed myself checking out all the runners on the loop.

I thought that by today I'd be itching to get out for a run, but I'm really not. I'm really trying to keep the idea in mind that this break will rejuvenate my legs. I am looking forward to running again, but the break isn't killing me yet.

I'm already planning what I'll do tomorrow to sweat and get my heart pumping.

1 comment:

Christie said...

How you have the energy to workout before work is beyond me. I've done it, but can never stick to it. Anyway, enjoy the time off.