Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Repeating in my mind...

"It is the illusion that we can go no faster that holds us back."
KENNY MOORE

This was in my inbox yesterday. On a day when I watched some amazing athletes power their way to incredible, but tough finishes in the Boston Marathon (more on that later), this statement really hit home.

This statement is absolutely, without a doubt, dead-on for me. I have an illusion -- a fear, even -- to overcome. I'm not sure when that will happen... But I do know I'll have this statement in my mind until I cross the finish line on Sunday.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Feeling some nerves keeps you on your game; succumbing to your nerves takes you off your game.

Think of Sunday as a long run.

Running may be part of what defines you; your training certainly does. Race day doesn't have to.

It is the journey that defines you; not the destination.

Breathe.

KP said...

Listen to your sister...and if you need a knock up side the head to get you thinking right at the start, just let me know.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

What they said!

Your body is trained to meet your goal. Don't let your mind get in the way.

Charisa said...

Good luck!!! :) You are ready.

Dan said...

there are lots of things in life to get anxious about. running shouldn't be one of them.

and it may help to watch Bull Durham - "Meat; don't think, just throw."

hydrate and have fun!