Wednesday, April 8, 2009

In an instant


Life can change in an instant. Today, after running my miles in the darkness before work for the second morning in a row, after spending today's miles thinking about my pace, my speed, I was reminded that life isn't just about being faster, zooming through the mundane, or hoping a slow day would move along.

This morning, on her way to work, a young teacher in my district was struck and killed in her car by a truck running a red light. In an instant, life changes.

I can run tomorrow. I might even be able to get faster if I really work on it. But I was reminded today of how life can change in an instant, and so while I'll still work on my speed, I'll also try to really remember to appreciate the fact that I'm able to run at all.

6 comments:

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

How horrible. I'm so sorry to hear about that tragedy. It does give perspective though.

Antoinette said...

That is awful. :(

Christie said...

That's horrible. Sometimes it takes something like that to put things into perspective. I live in your area, and I didn't hear about this. But then again, I haven't watched the news since this morning.

Maggs said...

That's awful, I am so sorry. Definitely puts things in perspective. run because you can.

Maria said...

OMG how tragic!

Charisa said...

So true. Enjoy your running because you can :)