Saturday, March 21, 2009

A running-filled day

Disclaimer: I'm keeping this post intentionally brief and intentionally subdued. My running has been pretty good this week, and I'd like that to carry into my 20+ miler tomorrow. I'm afraid if I say too much about it, I'll jinx myself for tomorrow...


Today was the Adrenaline 5k -- a great race put on by the running store where I work. It's a fast field and a good course. I PR'd here last year, with a time that surprised me -- in the middle of marathon training, a 5k PR wasn't on my mind.

I did not expect or plan to PR today, nor did I try. However, I did run pretty hard, and I ended up with a time I'm happy with -- 24:08. I had fun, I joked with my wonderful friend Lori who came out to cheer and the running store guys I saw along the way, and I was happy with how my legs felt. I jogged a short cooldown to say congrats to a friend and to cheer on another friend, I got to meet up with my friends Tom and Jen (who ran a great race!), and I made my way over to the kids race -- I had to help with that.

After the kids' race, I walked up to the store with Lori and got to catch up for a too-short bit, and then I jogged home to shower and head back to work. Work was fun -- the store was packed, we had a bunch of food out for everyone to celebrate the store's anniversary and the race, and it felt good to be back in the mix with everything running.

All in all, I ran about 6.5 miles today. I ran a solid race, things feel good, and I have a little bit of a renewed enthusiasm/outlook/mindset on things.

I'm planning to carry that into tomorrow's long run...

4 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds like a fab day!! Good luck with the long run tomorrow

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Glad you're getting your mojo back! Hope the 20 miler goes well!

Maggs said...

Good luck on the 20 miler. I'll be doing one too.

Anonymous said...

You forgot about the cookie that did not suck!!! :-)